Immerse yourself in the unparalleled natural beauty of Iceland as you explore its dramatic landscapes and coastline that feature majestic waterfalls, lunar-like valleys, mountainous glaciers and stunning volcanoes. You'll also savor culinary flavors and take part in the local traditions of this vibrant Nordic island. And be sure to keep an eye out for elves!
2019 Iceland Family Vacation Highlights
- Skaftafell Glacier Hike Experience the thrill of hiking the icy terrain of a glacier while surrounded by scenic mountains.
- River Rafting in Skagafjörður Head into Iceland’s dramatic deep canyon scenery for a not-too-intense rafting adventure.
- Jökulsárlón Glacial Lagoon Boat Tour Cruise among the icebergs on a motorized boat tour of this iconic lagoon.
- The Blue Lagoon Achieve spiritual serenity as you soothe your mind, body and soul in this blissful Icelandic oasis.
- Lake Mývatn Explore this region that’s rich with Iceland’s natural features like waterfalls, hot springs and lava formations.
- Horseback Riding In The Golden Circle Get in the saddle and hit the scenic trail on this gentle breed of Icelandic horse.
- Kerið Crater Visit Walk around the rim or the pool below as you discover the massive size of this 6,500 year old attraction.
- Gullfoss Waterfall & Strokkur Geyser Visit 2 of Iceland’s most stunning natural wonders that will leave you awestruck.
- Whale Watching in Eyjafjörður Sail along the bank of Iceland’s longest fjord as you watch for whales that swim in these waters.
- Seljalandsfoss Waterfall Hike See all sides to this spectacular waterfall as you walk all the way around the cascading waters.
- Ektafiskur Experience & Culinary Tasting Learn the history of the Icelandic fish trade and taste fermented shark—if you dare.
- Grenjaðarstaður Turf Houses See true architectural innovation that allowed Icelanders to live with limited resources.
- Visit Local Smokehouse Watch the smoking process that is critical in preparing Iceland’s smoked meats at this family farm.
- Húsavík & Whale Museum Wander the quaint streets of this seaside village that is home to the unique Whale Museum.
- Arrive: Keflavík International Airport (KEF)
- Return: Keflavík International Airport (KEF)
- 7 Breakfasts
- 6 Lunches
- 5 Dinners
- Minimum Age: 8
- Suggested Age: 10+