Travel through a country that celebrates its rich history while embracing a modern flare on this vacation where you'll walk the cobblestone streets of Rothenburg, a storybook town that is home to the medieval "Red Fortress," as well as Berlin's contemporary architectural marvels. You'll be immersed in the proud culture and traditions through activities where you'll make signature chocolates, create street art and you're your own twist to pretzel making. Plus, you'll step back into history with reflective tours of World War II locations that shaped world history.
2019 GERMANY FAMILY VACATION HIGHLIGHTS
- Neuschwanstein Castle Tour Explore this magnificent “fairy tale castle” and its grounds high atop a Bavarian hillside.
- Brewery Visit & Beer Tasting Enjoy a visit to one of Munich’s breweries where you’ll savor a local beer along with a hearty lunch.
- Medieval Costume Dress-up & Photo Session Strike a pose dressed in medieval splendor in this fun photo op.
- Rothenburg Exploration Stroll the streets and shops of this fairy tale town steeped in medieval architecture.
- Berlin Wall Bike Tour Pedal along this Cold War symbol that once divided a nation while learning about Berlin’s history.
- Munich Walking Tour Learn about this capital city through its architecture, culture and rich history—as you walk its streets.
- Ritter Sport Chocolate Experience Indulge your sweet tooth on this tasty tour of this renowned brand of chocolate.
- Museum Island Explore several world-class museums all located on the northern half of this island in Berlin’s Mitte district.
- Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site Take a privately guided tour of this powerful memorial and museum.
- Pretzel-Making Workshop Put your own twist on the art of pretzel-making in this lesson by a Striffler Bakery chef.
- Street Art & Graffiti Workshop Check out the vibrant art scene throughout Berlin’s streets, then tag a canvas of your own.
- Traditional German Fare Delight your senses as you taste the finest in traditional Bavarian foods at local restaurants.
- Nuremberg Culinary Tour Discover flavors unique to this historic city as you sample some rich and delicious local dishes.
- Hofbrauhaus Indulge yourself with Bavarian food, beer and culture at this world-renowned beer hall and restaurant.
- Arrive: Munich Airport (MUC)
- Return: Berlin Tegel Airport (TXL)
- 8 Breakfasts
- 3 Lunches
- 5 Dinners
- Minimum Age: 6
- Suggested Age: 8