Get ready for an adventure to the Middle of the Earth—the equator! From the rainforests of the Amazon and the Yasuni National Park to the more arid Galapagos Islands, this region offers experiences in culture, animal encounters and with plant species accessible nowhere else in the world. With your natural historian at your side, you will see why many of the sites in Ecuador are listed as UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
ECUADOR: AMAZON AND GALAPAGOS ISLANDS TRIP HIGHLIGHTS
Catch a glimpse of marine iguanas, fabulous Frigate birds and some of the Galapagos Islands' wildest natives. Swim, snorkel or kayak in the pristine waters alongside sea lions, reef fish and the occasional sea turtle.
As you journey down the Napo by riverboat and motorized canoe, you'll make stops to visit a remote community, chat with the locals and learn to make jewelry and other handicrafts.
Engage in preparing Andean specialties like ceviche with fresh ingredients while Junior Adventurers prepare dessert at Zazu, a favorite local restaurant.
As one of the most biodiverse places in the world, Limoncocha has an abundance of natural beauty and wonder. This tropical paradise is home to night monkeys, howler monkeys, giant otters, over 350 species of birds and—the king of the Amazon—the black caiman.
Stroll through the colonial core of one of the best-preserved historic centers in the Americas. Visit local markets, artist studios, a chocolatier and one of South America's most beautiful Spanish cathedrals, La Compañía de Jesús.
Venture forth by motorized canoe from the stately Anakonda riverboat to a lush world where you might see a 3-toed sloth or one of the Amazon's famed pink river dolphins.
*Animal sightings are not guaranteed.
- Arrive: UIO (Quito)
- Return: UIO (Quito)
- 11 Breakfasts
- 10 Lunches
- 9 Dinners
- Minimum Age: 7
- Suggested Age: 8+
MORE ON ECUADOR & GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
- Kids Meet Regal Birds at Parque Condor in Ecuador Facebook
- The Famous Ecuadorian Roses Facebook
- The Evening Sky in Galapagos, An Unforgettable Site Facebook
- Adventure Guide Gets Up Close with Giant Tortoises Facebook
- Discover Adventure in the Amazon & Galapagos YouTube
- Activities in Ecuador, the Amazon & Galapagos Facebook
- Read More About Our New Amazon Trip & River Cruise Travel Pulse
- See the Anakonda River Cruise Ship Facebook
- More Information On Our New 2014 Destinations Travel Weekly