Journey to a country that sits exactly on the equator! Officially known as the "Republic of the Equator," Ecuador boasts extraordinary geographic areas—many listed as UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Experience guided tours with a natural historian. And be awestruck by Amazon rainforests and the astonishing Galápagos Islands where you can encounter animal and plant species found nowhere else on earth.
ECUADOR: AMAZON AND Galápagos ISLANDS TRIP HIGHLIGHTS
Take a guided journey into the rainforest just after sunrise. Encounter animals, birds and exotic insects as they begin their day. And feel inspired by the diverse sights and sounds the rainforest reveals in the early morning.
Paddle into the habitat of the pink river dolphin! Fill your senses with the ambiance of this tropical environment as you keep alert for animal sightings, such as black caimans, river turtles and sloth.
Walk through the upper layer of the Amazon rainforest and you just might encounter wildlife you've never seen before living in this lush habitat that contains half of all plant species.
Discover a tropical paradise, rich with unique trees and a large variety of bird, fish and mammal species. Be awestruck by the beauty surrounding you as you learn about the reserve's history and culture as well as the role it plays in protecting wildlife.
Learn how to make Andean specialties like ceviche using fresh ingredients while Junior Adventurers prepare dessert at Zazu, a favorite local restaurant.
- Arrive: UIO (Quito)
- Return: GYE (Guayaquil)
- 11 Breakfasts
- 10 Lunches
- 9 Dinners
- Minimum Age: 7
- Suggested Age: 8+
- Receive a FREE brochure Order Now
MORE ON ECUADOR & GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
- Discover Adventure in the Amazon & Galapagos YouTube
- Kids Meet Regal Birds at Parque Condor in Ecuador Facebook
- The Famous Ecuadorian Roses Facebook
- Adventure Guide Gets Up Close with Giant Tortoises Facebook
- See the Anakonda River Cruise Ship Facebook
- Read More About Our New Amazon Trip & River Cruise Travel Pulse
- More Information On Our New 2014 Destinations Travel Weekly