Discover a perfect blend of past meets present as you explore this island nation that is steeped in a culture dating back thousands of years, yet is also on the cutting edge of modern technology, fashion and trends. From an isolated village where time seems to stand still to the vibrant city of Tokyo where sacred shrines stand in the shadow of ultra-modern skyscrapers, you’ll embrace the people and the customs of this proud country as you embark on an amazing Adventures by Disney family vacation to Japan.
2019 JAPAN VACATION HIGHLIGHTS
- Rickshaw Tour Tour Kyoto’s Arashiyama district and the Bamboo Forest in a traditional rickshaw.
- Kyoto Dinner and Show Feast in an elegant setting, meet a Maiko and try your hand at Samurai sword play.
- Origami Crane Folding in Hiroshima Celebrate peace and fold a unique paper crane, then add it to the museum’s collection.
- Bento Box-Making Make an authentic Japanese bento box at a local cooking school—then enjoy your delectable creation.
- Hozugawa River Boat Ride Take in the enchanting scenery that surrounds you on an exhilarating ride on the Hozugawa River.
- Sumo Experience & Museum Discover the ancient sport of sumo wrestling and see a live demonstration.
- Shirakawa-go Village Visit this serene, traditional mountain village that provides a rare look at life in pre-modern Japan.
- Rural Japan Bike Ride Enjoy a leisurely bike through the farms and rice fields of Japan’s scenic countryside.
- CupNoodles Museum Find inspiration at this interactive museum honoring the popular ramen dish and its creator.
- Hamarikyu Gardens & Tea House Experience a matcha tea ceremony in this Zen-inspired garden setting.
- Shinto Shrines & Buddhist Temples Learn the history of some of Japan’s iconic shrines and temples.
- Taiko Drumming Keep the beat as you learn to play taiko, a Japanese tradition that dates backs centuries.
- Arrive: Kansai International Airport (KIX) OR Osaka International Airport (ITM)
- Return: Narita International Airport (NRT) OR Haneda International Airport (HND)
- 10 Breakfasts
- 5 Lunches
- 7 Dinners
- Minimum Age: 4
- Suggested Age: 6+